Our water and environmental modelling online workshops are designed to deliver focused, hands-on instruction that will leave you with a thorough understanding of how FLOW-3D HYDRO is used in key water infrastructure industries.
Unless noted, all online workshops are from 9am to 12pm AEST.
- July 21 – 22
- September 8 – 9
- November 24 – 25
- Academic institution: $99 AUD, plus GST
- Government agency: $149 AUD, plus GST
- Private sector: $249 AUD, plus GST
Who should attend?
- Practicing engineers working in the water resources, environmental, energy and civil engineering industries
- Regulators and decision makers looking to better understand what state-of-the-art tools are available to the modelling community
- University students interested in using CFD in their research
- All modellers working in the field of environmental hydraulics
What will you learn?
- How to import geometry and set up free surface hydraulic models, including meshing and initial and boundary conditions
- How to add complexity by including sediment transport and scour, air entrainment, particles, scalars and turbulence
- How to use sophisticated visualization tools such as FlowSight to effectively analyze and convey simulation results
You’ve completed the workshop, now what?
Attendees receive a 30-day FLOW-3D HYDRO license!
After the workshop, your license will be extended for 30 days.* During this time you will have the support of a Flow Science Australasia Engineer, who will help you work through your specifics. You will also have access to our web-based training videos covering introductory through advanced modeling topics.
*FLOW-3D HYDRO Workshop licenses are available to prospective or lapsed users in Australia and New Zealand.
In our online water and environmental modelling workshops, you will explore the hydraulics of typical dam and weir cases, municipal conveyance and wastewater problems, and river and environmental applications. You will be introduced to more sophisticated physics models, such as air entrainment, sediment scour and transport, thermal plumes and density flows and particle dynamics. By the end of the workshop, you will have absorbed the user interface and steps that are common to three classes of hydraulic problems, and used the advanced post-processing tool FlowSight to analyze the results of your simulations. Our workshop materials are comprehensive yet accessible for engineers new to CFD methods.
- Registration is limited to 10 attendees
- 30-day FLOW-3D HYDRO license*
* Workshop licenses are available to prospective or lapsed users in Australia and New Zealand.
- A laptop or desktop running 64-bit Windows 7 or later
- An external mouse (not a touchpad device)
- Dual monitor setup recommended
- Webcam recommended
- Dedicated graphics card; nVidia Quadro card required for remote desktop
For more info on recommended hardware, see our Supported Platforms page.
Cancellation & Refund Policies
Flow Science Australasia reserves the right to cancel a workshop at any time, due to reasons such as insufficient registrations or instructor unavailability. In such cases, a full refund will be given, or attendees may opt to transfer their registration to another workshop. Flow Science Australasia is not responsible for any costs incurred.
Attendees who are unable to attend a workshop may cancel up to one week in advance to receive a full refund. Attendees must cancel their registration by 5:00 pm (GMT+5:30) one week prior to the date of the workshop; after that date, no refunds will be given. Alternatively, an attendee can request to have their registration transferred to another workshop.
If you need to cancel your workshop registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a cancellation. We will process your refund in 7-10 business days.
FLOW-3D Workshop licenses are available to prospective or lapsed users in Australia and New Zealand. Existing users are welcome to register for a workshop, and should contact email@example.com to discuss their licensing options.
About the Instructor
Eric Lemont is the General Manager of Flow Science Australasia Pty Ltd, the Australian and New Zealand distributor of the CFD software FLOW-3D. Prior to joining Flow Science Australasia, he was an active FLOW-3D user in the engineering consulting industry for over 13 years, focusing primarily on civil and environmental water modelling applications. Eric relocated to Brisbane from the USA in 2016 and has over 16 years of experience using 1D, 2D and 3D hydraulic models for projects including water/wastewater treatment applications, bridge hydraulics and scour analyses, dam spillway modelling, contaminant dispersion modelling, and analysis of hydraulic structures.